The skeptical cardiologist was interviewed recently by Brooke Simonsen for The Health Investment podcast.
If you’d like to hear my latest thoughts on diet and the prevention of heart disease this serves as a concise summary. Brooke asked me many excellent questions and I respond on topics including saturated fats, plant-based diets, keto diets, dairy fat, nuts and cholesterol.
The podcast is available at this link
Her introduction gives more details:
- What’s your story? (Specifically, what led you to become a doctor in the first place and later start your blog The Skeptical Cardiologist?)
- Speaking of your blog…I’d love to dive into many of the topics you’ve covered to debunkmisconceptions floating around out there…
- First up: What is a plant-based diet? Should everyone be following this eating pattern?
- What about the belief that omega-3s and fish oil can prevent cardiovascular disease?
- Is measuring cholesterol obsolete, as some say? Should we be concerned about the amount of dietary cholesterol we consume (like from egg yolks)?
- Can a low-carb diet help prevent heart disease (or reverse it)?
- Can you touch on the topic of reversing heart disease naturally vs. taking a statin?
- Why is it important to be skeptical of “natural” treatments (like herbs)?
Let me know what you think